Re: A83: Pixel/Line/Rectangle Routines. =)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 12/20/98 2:32:43 PM, rdaneelolivaw@hotmail.com writes:

>Hey, these are some really nice routines (SOS lib to be perhaps?).
>I took a look at "PIXEL" and saw some places I thought could be
>optimized.  Take a look (my changes have >- at the start):
> . . .

Hey those were some nice optimizations there, thanks. =)  Also, with the
number of times that PIXEL is run in each of those other routines, this should
Really cut back on their execution time... =)

>This uses relative jumps instead of calls and returns.  What do you
>think?

That was a nice idea, but I want to stick to Calls, ya know?  so it could be
called from anywhere in the program, and it'd be difficult to have to adjust
if you started jumping around in these routines... Although, when the routine
is first called by the user, I guess the program pointer could be saved and
retrieved later, but this would cause the routine as a whole, to increase in
bytes and decrease in speed... :\  I think using Calls All throughout is just
fine... =P

>Ok, that's my 2 cents.  I could really use this kind of code, so I hope
>to see it in a lib. :)

Thanks for your 2 cents and those optimizations, I'm glad I got Some response
to my mail... =)  Well, about these routines becoming SOS routines, I think
its realistic to include these into ZLIB because they are General-Use routines
that Anybody could use, and they're doing pretty good on Size and Speed unless
someone can optimize them further... Yes, I think they are very "ZLIB-Worthy",
what do you think Joe? :)
															--Jason K.