A83: Re: Re: Re: BASIC compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Re: Re: BASIC compiler

> Not really.  I think there's a ROM call available for every BASIC command.
> It's not that complicated, it would just take a lot of work to put in all
> the ROM calls.  Basically, you'd have a zillion IF's.  Then you need a good
> parser.  I've written a TI-BASIC parser before (i made a ti82 basic
> emulator, never released though cuz it looked like crap) and it's not that
> hard to do, just a little recursion.  Remember that TI-BASIC doesn't allow
> spacing and stuff, so you don't have to account for that.  The hard part
> with the parsing is that you have to handle all the function calls.  Oh
> yeah, and the hardcoded labels.  It's not a simple project, but it could
> definitly be done.

Ok, you've got me interested now :)...

Whaddya mean "a little recursion"?  And no spacing?...do you mean in the memory there's no spacing or something?  Sorry, I'm
being thick =)

Now, when people are talking about BASIC compilers, we are all thinking along the same lines?  I'm thinking about a program
on-calc that takes the BASIC program you specify and turns it into an ASM program.  Right?

Later,

James Matthews (matthews@tkb.att.ne.jp)

ICQ: 7413754
http://home.att.ne.jp/gold/tomcat21/index.html