Re: A83: SOS, BASIC, ASM, + other help needs!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 12/02/98 11:45:21 PM, sbrescia@yahoo.com writes:

> [...]
>make a prog be
>recognized by SOS.  Here is my code, someone PLEASE make some sense of
>it.
>.nolist
> #include "joeti83.inc"
> .org  $9327
> .list
>xor a
> jr start
> .dw $0000
> .dw description
> .db "This is a test",$C1,"and only a test"
> .db 0
>
>start: call clrscr
> ld hl,0000h
>        ld (currow),hl
> ld hl,text
> call puts
>        ld      hl,0600h
>        ld      (currow),hl
>        ld      hl,text
>        call    puts
>keyloop:
> call getk
> or a
> jr z,keyloop
> call clrscr
> ret
>text: .db "Scotti's Prog",0
> .db  "stuff"
>.end
>END
>end prog
>Please e-mail me back, or post it, just so I can find it.  e-mail address
> I put the
>whole prog up here
>because of 1 other question.  I want to make Scotti's prog and sutff
>on 2 seperate lines.
>Could someone help me out here?
>Also, maybe just give the program a look, and give me some pointers,
>if possible.  Ya
>know, like optimizations and "stuff" like that.
>I had 1 other question, and this would be for someone with basic AND
>asm knowledge.
>I have a basic prog I would like to convert to asm.  It is an
>EXTREMELY large prog, so
>I will only put 1 routine here.
>ClrHome
>Disp "***TRAPEZIOD***"
>Disp "ENTER 1 SIDE:":Prompt S
>Disp "ENTER OTHER","SIDE:":Prompt T
>Disp "ENTER HEIGHT:":Prompt H
>(S+T)/2HüA
>Pause A
>ClrHome
>Goto S
>end prog
>If someone could help with putting this in asm?  Oh, and that funny
>looking u thingy is the
>-> symbol.  Dang it!  I just have 1 more question.  How in the world
>do you store
>something like an program that stores your homework into a string!
>I've done this with
>basic, but I don't know how to do it in asm.  (I also would like to
>store multipe strings,
>like for 6 classes)  If someone could talk to me about all of this (or
>many people, just as
>long as all of my questions get answered!) that would be great.  THANX!

Woah, many questions there... =P  Well, with the SOS programs, I think you've
got the idea, but you have to pay much more attention to Syntax when you make
your programs for compilations... Make sure All Labels are in the first
collumn and Instructions arent (a space or a Tab in front of them)... Maybe it
was that you just wrote it on the mail too fast to get it correct, but if you
copied and pasted from your program, then the way you have arranged the lines
is incorrect... =P  Hmm, also since your programming for SOS you're probably
using Joe W's include file, since I didnt recognize some of those ROM Calls.
Well just make sure those are correct.  About the Text question you had, you
will have to put another Label to have at the location for "stuff" and
remember to make it a Null-Terminated string, which would be "stuff",0... and
then to Put these seperate lines of text, you need to run through the sequence
to put the string, again with your different homescreen coordinates... And
then about your Basic program that you want to convert, that would be too
advanced for you to do right now... With Numerical Input like that, this
concept has just recently been introduced to us programmers thanks to Linus
A., BUT it is told how to accomplish this in one of James Mattew's tutorials,
although I dont think your at the point yet to make this kind of ASM
program... The formula that you gave could be easily implimented, but I
suggest you start smaller... A tip I have for learning assembly is to stay on
this list for a while, and yes ask questions, but you'll see topics roll
around once in a while and start to pick up on the concepts... Hope I could be
of help to you and that we all are in the future... =)
															--Jason K.