A83: Re: Assembly-83 Digest V1 #453

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Assembly-83 Digest V1 #453

>I'm making a Notepade like text editor for the 83, and I need to know if
>there are any fast ways of inserting memory to a certain location.  I
>need to know this because I'm storing the names of the text files as
>programs.  I need to be able to insert memory if I want to have an option
>of editing an existing note.  If there isn't a way, then you won't be
>able to make edited notes longer than they were before.  Or maybe I'll
>make note sizes

you can insert memory into a program by calling _insertmem. that inserts
hl bytes at location de. if you need to delete memory use _delmem. that
deletes hl bytes from location from de. if you do insert or delete
memory you have to manually set the size of the program. so get and save
the size before you make any changes, and than add/subtract any changes
you make. and set it at the end. give me a holler if you don't know how
to do that.

_INSERTMEM         equ           4432h
_DELMEM            equ           44B2h