Re: A83: program...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: program...

>Hey this is about program detection...
>One of the Responses to jame's question had an external level search
>program.  Since it looked for text inside a program, it responed as so,
>well why not make that a way to determine what to display in a shell
>window.  Some math teachers allow shells to run math programs.  Have
>some-sort of level of display code:
>0-Anyone can see it
>1-Hide from teachers
>
>this would mean the first line of the program be:
>
>.db $00
>or
>.db $01
>
>So inside the shell a key is pressed changing the display level.
>
>just a thought
>
>-Phelan 'Amen' Wolf

Wouldn't it be easier to change it's object value in the table from 05h
or 06h to something not used and then change it back? Like 07h was a
program to hide?

>PS: What are you allowed to use the IX and IY registers for

IX and IY are index register and can reference 256 bytes of the value of
IX/IY. Such as:
ld ix, $8888
ld hl, (IX+1)

this would put $8889 in hl... Same way with iy. The calculator uses IX
it for system flags and IY can't be used on the calc unless you disable
the interrupts first. I don't remember what IY was for, anyone?

Revenant