Re: A83: Invisible

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Invisible

  OK I think I figured out what you are talking about.
 Yes you could make the program invisible to stop people from
transfering it from calc to calc but they could always unhide it with
just a simple program.  You could make it go through and check to see
if it is hidden or not to stop this but they could just hide it again.
  I have easier way to stop this, just make the program write back in
itself everytime the program is loaded and only let it load say ten
times or so.  Or just make the program delete itself after everytime
it is loaded but this would be a pain for the beta testers too.   This
would eventually become a pain for people to keep sending to their
calcs and they will stop using it.

  The only true way to stop the program from being transfered is to
give only to people you trust.

  Hiding the programs is a good way to make your teachers think there
is nothing 'important' on your calc, but you have to have ashell or
sos to load them and that is not invisible.

  I think the best thing about hiding them is so that your program
list isn't cluttered with a million (I rarely have more than ten)
programs.

Sorry for the long long reply guys, but I was bored and dicided to try
and make a point of some sort of which I have no idea what it was.

Jimmy

>ah its program theft protection and i was talcking >about games and
crap
>I (or
>a user of the program) personaly made and only wish to >give to
>pre-aproved ppl
>(the holders of the software REALY cant give it to >others) and you
>could have
>a pw protected option to xmit the distributer as well.

==
»               TI-Magic                «
»  http://www.angelfire.com/tx/timagic/ «
»            TIMagic@Yahoo.com          «