Re: A83: Re: Most-wanted answers...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Most-wanted answers...

> I really don't think Pat can answer that... sprites (which is a bad name,
> because it implies that it's some kind of hardware magic... hi Movax...)

No, not at all. You got all that mixed up, are you an amiga user or something?
Anyway, the word "sprite" has nothing to do with hardware nowadays (if it ever
had). I've found a quite good definition for it; "Sprites are special pieces of
graphics which can be manipulated independently from the rest of the screen".

So, a sprite is just a block of graphics that can be moved around without
interfering with the background. It doesn't have to be done with "some kind
of hardware magic". And I'm aware of the fact that those routines I've released
won't restore the background. I'd still call them sprite routines though =)

--
Hannes Edfeldt * movax@algonet.se

Follow-Ups: References: