Re: A83: Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Help

If you actually used a mac you would know about command-option-escape (ie.
force quit, or roughly equivalent to control-alt-delete in Win95) And...if you
are really into macs, you would have an extension installed called MacsBug that
lets you bring up a debugging window so you can do anything from controlling
your audio cds, forcing apps to quit, take screen shots, and even rebooting
(type "rs" to reboot) Life is so simple when you understand what you are
talking about!

More later,
Nick

P.S. In the end, it's all down to interface, at least what we are all fighting
about. If I really wanted a "Start" menu, I could install a control panel
called "GoMac" that does the same thing. The disadvantages of the Macs core OS
functions are (to name a few):
1. No way to update windows while you are resizing them.
2. Whenever you hold the mouse button down it interrupts almost all OS
functions.
3. Virtual Memory still isn't as good!
4. I like the way you can drag a window (with MS Plus installed and solid
window dragging) under Win 95 and the contents of the desktop stays updated and
you can see everything underneath the window. (On the mac, I use power windows
that does the same thing.
Blah...blah!

** Sorry I didn't adhere to the time-share thing! ;-)