RE: A83: TI-83 ASM Programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: TI-83 ASM Programming

Okay, I see a couple of issue here.  First off, why use a backup?  the great thing about the 83 is that it's not needed.  Aurora detects all programs, so what we need to do is change it to work more like the 85.  toss in a header with the descriptive info, and from there on, use most of Aurora's general code to detect and run programs, but have a CUI instead of a GUI.  And the effort to design a universal ASM format is pretty tough, mainly because of ROM calls, not to mention the fact that ZShell programs are stored as strings, not programs.  However, it might be possible, if someone can write up a universal library, compile individual versions, and have the programmers only work with direct CPU instructions and library calls.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
raptor_one@hotmail.com
Executive Director/Administrator