Re: A83: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: universal calc issues

> I'm working on XCalc, an OS to run the entire link-enabled TI8x series.  It

> will include a universal code system that will eliminate the need for
> recompilation of binaries for each calc, and will hopefully be a bit
smaller
> than usgard.  I need recommendations as to what users want, and you guys
> represent the largest pool of calc-savvy people.  Any recommendations will
be
> taken quite seriously.
>  	The bytecode issue involves using only z80 opcodes and library calls, and

> we might toss in program relocation in order to facilitate the system.  To
> top it all off, I would like to include an X*nder psuedo-loader with some
> level of intelligence.
>  	I've already established that ROM calls will be used, but only through a
> library, and the screen size issue should be handled soon.
>  	Before you all laugh, there are 4 of us working on this, so it might be
do-
> able.
>  Thanks,
>  Christopher Kalos
>  raptorone@geocities.com
>  raptor_one@hotmail.com
>  Executive Director/Administrator
>  Virtual Technologies Developer's Group

Boy, am I happy someone finally is making a universal language. THANK GOD!
All I want, really, is to be able to have universal games that use lots of
graphics, like SQRXZ, Penguins, or Dadaleus. I was also hoping that you could
make a computer program that you could run the old games through, and
universal games would come out. I would convert the entire archive!