RE: A83: Rotating sprites?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: Rotating sprites?

Jonathan,

You need to learn a little about linear (matrix) algebra.  If you store the sprite as a matrix, you can you can enlarge, shrink, flip, or distort it by performing row operations on the matrix.  It took me a whole quarter to get the hang of it, so I don't have a simple answer for you.  If you simply want to rotate it 90° CCW, multiply the sprite by the following matrix:

0  -1
1  0

If I were doing ASM I would send you some code.  In normal calculator mode, you can do these manipulations without knowing how to do row operations.

Mike