A83: Some questions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Some questions...

Here are a few questions for anyone with experience in assembly for
TI-83...

Is there a PIC->ASM image translator?
How do you work with sprites, and what exactly are they?

I also have a game in progress that uses a mission structure, with
text-based "briefings."  How would you draw the text on the graph
screen, and can the text wrap around by itself?

Can you use lists in ASM?  Or should I use variables instead of
lists?

Also, is there a way to do "save games" in ASM?  I have an
implementation in Basic where all variables are stored to lists, and
lists are renamed. (I use L1-L6 in the program and rename them when
saving)  Is there a better way?  How can you save the "free space"
variables, e.g. 8265h - 8500h, as it is my understanding that they are
deleted after the program quits.  In the same variables, are they
limited to numbers, or can you use strings?

Can you compare strings? (I mean, can you say cp a,b) and have a and b
be strings.

Is there a way to pass variables between labels in a program?  For
example, suppose that I want to create a subroutine for printing text
to the graph screen.  Can I use a generalized subroutine, and have the
routine draw any string I want?

Finally, is there a way to do like If...Then...Else...End statements?
 And I've read some of the ASM journals, what is the big deal with the
register a and z?  It seems like everything has to be loaded into a to
be executed, and the results of cp is always in z.

As most people will see, I'm really new to assembly.

Thanx for the help.

Jonathan Wang
jwang@isb.bj.edu.cn
jonathan_wang@hotmail.com

Come visit my home page:
http://www.htmlinfo.home.ml.org/

Quote of the day:

     The strongest bulwark of authority is uniformity;
     the least divergence from it is the greatest crime.
                                  - Emma Goldman