[A82] Re: ROM-offset

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: ROM-offset

> Whoops, I just wanted to ask this question about 16.0-18.0 vs. 19.0...

In ROM versions 16-19 the first part of the ROM is the same, but from some address in the begining of the ROM an offset is needed between 16-18 and 19. The offset is not constant but changes a couple of places in the first ROM page. Most of the functions used are placed in the jump table at the end og page 0, and in this part the offset is constant (1A). For other parts of the ROM a different offset might be needed, but the differences are so small that using an offset is no problem in shells. If you look at the FP test programs I did (they were included in Ash 3.1 beta 2, but have not been released) you will see that I included a new ROM call routines for FP functions which uses a different offset. This is because all the FP functions are in the same part of the ROM so a constant offset can be used. AFAIK no list containg all the differences between the ROM s have been made.

Dines
Dines Justesen // dines@aub.dk // www.aub.dk/~dines