[A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006

> Van: Dan Weiss <dwedit@hotmail.com>
>
> >From: "Henk Poley" <HPoley@DDS.nl>
> >
> >Indeed a Venus/Rigel like shell would come in handy on the Ti82, no more
> >messed up VATs.
>
> You would still need those 2 weird matrices to execute any assembly at
all,
> so if you're talking about using ION's loader, then good.  Only thing is
> that ION's loader is slow as hell, but allows programs to be put on in
any
> order.
>
> Little problem with using ION's loader: You can't just instantly relocate

> (CrASH style) to prevent crashes with _Getkey.

I was more thinking of something like Venus, which does update the VAT and
in such way, getkey-workarounds like in CrASH aren't needed. Some other
conveniances are that this kind of shell is very small. But maybe because
of instant-assembly-execution difficulties on the Ti82 you should need a
graphical shell, but together they take up only about 1000 bytes (348 byte
program loader (Venus), 508 bytes shell (Venus Explorer), and some libs).
The program loader itself can be located inside the stack.

> >Don't you know there are no list-admistrators at Ticalc, at least I
haven't
> >mentioned one on the other lists... (H@ys is still around at asm83)
>
> Ah... good old h@ys.  He got his ass kicked when he messed around on
SGC's
> boards, losing a couple free webspace accounts...

:-)	:-()	:-P	(said enough?)

	Henk Poley