[A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006

> Indeed a Venus/Rigel like shell would come in handy on the Ti82, no more
> messed up VATs.

A new shell with VAT compatible relocation, interrupt support, support for
all ROM versions etc would be nice, but that would take quite a bit of time.

> The question was if some one could make a shell for a new (?) ROM version,
> so haveing one for another ROM version doesn't help the guy much...

I think I still have the list file from Ash 3.1B3G, so it should be possible
to use a hex editor to just replace all the ROM calls with 19.006 ROM calls.
If I find the time to do some TI82 programming, I guess I will have a look
at it.

> BTW: z88dk developers could just easely compile their source for both the
> Ti82 and Ti83(+), so there is not much of a problem there, oh yes, people
> around here hate Z80 compilers, forgot that...

Using a compiler to make a shell would be rather hard, as some parts of the
shell has to be written in one particualr way to fit within the available
memory. For programs a compiler would probably make it easier to support
multiple platforms, but my guess is the program would take up more space.
Has anyone looked into how good the compilers are? It would be interesting
to see how good the output from a compiler such as the z88dk is.

Dines

Follow-Ups: References: