[A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 09:22 PM 7/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
>> ...unless you want to completely disassemble CrASH...
>
>That is something I have thought about doing more than once.  However,
>there is this thing called "copyright" which opposes making a new shell
>that way.

I never intend to make a shell with the disassembled source or distribute
the source.  I've got better sense than Hays.  If I do write a shell, I'll
write it from scratch...besides it's been 3-4 years since I've seen the
source or written a line of Z80 ASM.  I actually disassembled CrASH to
verify a memory clobbering issue with Game Wizard.  As I suspected, it
turned out to be the shell that was causing the random crashes with Game
Wizard (Game Wizard used interrupts to do its thing).  I never got around
to messing with the VAT to fix Game Wizard since other projects and
schoolwork took over my life.

Actually, I just deleted the source...removes any temptation I might have.
I regret disassembling it in the first place, but as I said, 3-4 years is a
long time.  I did some foolish things back then and that was one of them.
Besides, who needs any more shells?  There are a bazillion for the 85 - the
TI-82 really doesn't need that many.

It is pretty amazing that this list is coming to life again...  We might
even get blessed by the presence of the administrators thinking that
someone is spamming the list ;)

           Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@crosswinds.net
                  http://www.shininglightpro.com/