A82: Re: FP Math

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: FP Math

Doing FP math on the TI82 is possible, but it requires a special ROM call
function, and uses functions which are not used in most ASM programs.

One of the problems with the FP routines is that in case of an error (such
as divide by 0) the current error handler is started. Due to the the
relocation used this can crash your calculator, sp before doing any math a
new error handler should be installed. Writing an error handler is a fairly
easy task, and installing it can be done using a ROM call.

Once the error handler is installed and you have written a new ROM call
routine making FP programs is fairly easy. Using the OPs and the build in FP
routines most math function can be written in asm without problems.

When I released the last beta of Ash 3.1 I included a header file with some
useful definitions for making FP programs (including the ROM call routine).
The zip file also included some test programs I have written which installs
a new error handler and does some FP math.

I have not worked on Ash for a long time but I still have a copy of the last
beta that I released (with all the example programs etc). I'll try to put
the beta on the Ash home page so any one interested can have a look (I am
going on vacation on friday, but I should be able to get it done before
that).

Dines
 Dines Justesen             dines@aub.dk             www.aub.dk/~dines