Re: A82: Anybody out there?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Anybody out there?

In a message dated 9/1/00 10:11:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ADAMMAN106@aol.com writes:

> The problem isn't really that I lack the software to do this, but
>  that the numbers are so imprecise that you go through walls quite often
and
>  the game crashes.

I take that back.  After looking at the code for about 20 minutes, I
remembered that the problem is that I DO lack the software to do this, which
is part of the reason that the numbers are so imprecise.  In order to
impliment the sliding ability, I did a quick rush job and used my existing
routines.  One cosine is multiplied by the integer, then the answer is
truncated to a whole number which is why it is so imprecise.  It then has to
be multiplied by another cosine and is of course truncated again.  So
essentially what I need is a routine that can multiply two 16-bit numbers and
one 8-bit number (but in a 16-bit register) without any loss of precision.  I
haven't really looked for one, and I'm too lazy/unskilled with routines to
write my own

~Adamman

PS: If you noticed, I really like all the forms of the word "precision"