A82: A3D vs. EAX (Sorry it's off topic)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: A3D vs. EAX (Sorry it's off topic)

Sorry this is off topic, but maybe this will at least stir up some activity
on this list.  Maybe even give us the proverbial "spike" (although the stats
are no longer publically available) :-)
I'm going to get a new computer, and I have every single component picked
out, except for the sound card.
I'm trying to choose between an Aureal SQ2500 and a Soundblaster Live!
Platinum.  I have gone to numerous hardware review sites, but none make a
clear choice between the two.  Although the Soundblaster is much more
expensive, price is no object.  I really like the LiveDrive, but I don't want
to base my opinion on something I might not use very much.
So basically it comes down to a question of APIs.  I like the more realistic,
dynamic A3D (Aureal), but the programmability of EAX is also appealing to me.
I would like your opinions on the subject, which sound card should I opt for?
Thank you (and sorry),

~Adamman

PS: if you want to know, the system I'm getting is an Alienware
(www.alienware.com) Area51 Aurora...it shouldn't matter to you anyway :-P