Re: A82: New Versions of CrASH...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: New Versions of CrASH...

Inside.

> > P.S. I think you should include a graph mem clearing routine.

  I agree.

>Hi everyone...   I think I should release CrASH v1.6 before I get too
>caught
>up with making the rest of CrASH2...
>I will be releasing it in the near future with the following features:
>
>CrASH v1.6 - May 1999
>
>-> New Program Detect Code
>TI-OS hidden programs to programs with names starting with $40 '@', but not
>in CrASH
>
>-> New CR_GRBCopy (bugfix)
>draws 12 columns instead of 13 (7% speed improvement)
>
>-> Faster Relocation Code
>10 clocks faster per relocated byte (16% speed improvement)
>
>-> New ROM_CALL calling function
>21 clocks faster per call of ROM_CALL (14% speed improvement)
>
>-> Source release for CrASH Calls and the ROM_CALL calling function

  Will the above make the existing programs run faster or does it simply
mean that CrASH will run faster?

>As for CrASH2, this is what's already planned:
>
>CrASH v2.0 - Sometime in 1999
>-> All of the above improvements from v1.6
>
>-> VAT compatible Relocation of Programs
>Allows using external data files by a running program

  You mean simplifying the process over what was done in Vertigo and
PlainJump?

>-> Several Newly added CrASH Calls:
>CR_SpriteXOR ; draws clipped 8x8 sprite at GRAPH_MEM
>CR_SprHtChg ; changes sprite's height
>CR_GRBClear ; clears GRAPH_MEM - suggestion from Kouri
>etc.

  I believe you should also include what Dines included in ASH v3.1. That is
the Usgard OTH commands.

  OTH_ARROW  (Detect multiple keys at once, source availible in
  Baseball '99)
  OTH_PAUSE  (Wait for Enter to be pressed
  OTH_CLEAR  (Clear BC bytes at HL)
  OTH_FILL   (Fill BC bytes at HL)
  etc.

>-> Several New Memory Regions
>TEMP_MEM; some extra allocated memory for program usage (for decompression
>of levels, graphics, etc)

  That would be great!

>-> More graphical user interface

  Creativity is always good.

>-> Compatibility with CrASH v1.5 (Ash v3.0)

   And hopefully ASH v3.1 when it is released.