A82: password program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: password program

I am a math teacher for calculus, and I require all of my students to have a
TI-82 program. Recently, one of my students approached me and asked if he
could put CrASH on his calculator. I discussed it with my colleagues, and they
suggested that I find some way to make sure that only the students who will
not be distracted by the games should be allowed to use them.  I am familiar
with Basic programing, and I had created a password program as an example, but
there was no way for me to implement it into CrASH without knowing assembly.
(I also later found out that the obscure variable I was using to save the
password was in fact transferred when somebody backed up their calculator to
another. This would completely defeat the purpose of the program.)
Anyway--what I would like the program to do is ask for a password the first
time, and if it is entered correctly, it will never be needed again to enter
CrASH. IF somebody could help me with this, please email me.

thank you,
Yoni Kurland
SinMostaza@aol.com