Re: A82: Dead list, huh?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Dead list, huh?

Okay, nothing much has been done on SQRXZ 82.  I have come up with my level
layout and I'm fairly happy.  I have decent Multi-Link capabilities for
screens, and I'm still figuring out whether or not I want executable
commands after each screen or just for the whole level.  I'm now just
limited by number of screens (255x255).  Not like I'm ever going to need
that many, but it is definitely better than a 5K extracted limit.  Not to
mention, screens can be defined in basically any cell size, so really there
is hardly a limit there.

The only serious problem that I will run into with the program is that I'm
going to RUN OUT OF LINE LABELS!!!!!  For those of you who are concerned
about spaghetti code and jumps, this isn't the case.  Well, not really
jumps.  The program uses the .dw locations as "jumps" to the next object,
but it really isn't jumping.  (The words are there to increase the speed
and allow everything to link to everything else).  With this new level
format, I'm going to have to rewrite a lot of code (I was going to have to
anyway, but this is code I've already re-written about 3 times).  The only
thing is that all I will have for a while is a lot of uncompilable code
until I get an assembler that supports unlimited line labels.

Does anyone have an assembler I can use that has unlimited labels?  If not,
well, I guess I get to start writing TASM82...part of my next project.

        Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@detroit.crosswinds.net
                    http://click-on.to/shinelight