Re: A82: Alive?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Alive?

In a message dated 7/27/99 2:11:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jkhum98@aol.com
writes:

> In a message dated 7/27/99 11:27:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
>  evil_sam@hotmail.com writes:
>
>  >    According to ticalc.org's information, there are still some
subscribers

>  >  to this list.
>  >
>  >    <snip>
>  >
>  >    SPEAK!!!
>  >     Sam
>
>  Hello, this is Jason_K, not well known around the 82-community, but I'd
like

HI!  Congrats, you're one of the 3 active members of this list!

>  to contribute in making this list active again... I'm subscribed to this
> list
>  to hear about the progress of 82 asm, and new program released, as well as
>  participating in any general z80 discussion. I am mostly an 83 programmer
>  though, and am hard at work with projects there for the TCPA... I await
the
>  release of ASH v3.1 or CrASH v2.0 so that there will be more information
>  about developing for the 82, and more utilities such as built in routines,
> so
>  that I can port any 83 projects to the 82 when the time comes...

Sounds great!  We could use some more new games...

>  On this list, it seems like there are no more beginners, and everyone is
>  pretty much an expert. I think the newbies starting out at asm are drawn

That's a great compliment actually

> more
>  towards the 83, 86, and for 68K, the 89. The people here have been around
>  long time on the 82, and have progressed with their knowledge of asm, so
no
>  questions ever have to be asked...
>
>  Although, I think there some advanced programming techniques that havent
> been
>  used as much on the 82 as other z80 calcs, such as Interrupts, Relocation (

I use interrupts with grayscale, but there doesn't seem to be much other use
for them right now.  Yes, all the current shells (ash, crash) use relocation.

> do
>  82 shells support that already?), Link-Play games, External Programs,

I'm hoping that I can get external levels to work with Defiance, it shouldn't
be too hard (famous last words)

>  Greyscale, etc. Some of those topics I think will be brought out further

Defiance will use grayscale

> with
>  the release of the new shell versions, at least I hope so... I remember
that

>  Sam had trouble with external levels on the 82 with Plain Jump, did that
> ever
>  get worked out, or are there better methods yet?  I know I will need the
use

The next new versions of the shells (Crash 2, Ash 3.1 or ash 4) should have
better support for external levels AFAIK

>  of External files when the time comes to port one of the TCPA projects in
>  progress, to the 82.  Well, I dont expect any replies or discussion, but
> this
>  helps fill up our 82 Mailing List archives some... =P
>
>  Jason_K

here's your reply.

~Adamman