Re: A82: Side-Scrolling

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Side-Scrolling

>hey do u have a website for your zelda game?

  Everything public regarding Zelda is eventually posted on the Void
Productions homepage (void.calc.org). It's pretty out-of-date now because
Derrick Ward is rather pressed for time and I've been too lazy to learn HTML
(just never gotten around to it). I should put something up as soon as the
Download page gets up to date.

>also, i dont think its such a good idea to do the big sprite thing. thats
>way too slow!

  Speed isn't really any issue. Hideaki's sprite routine is so fast that I
had to add a HALT in order to make the scrolling text legible.

>just have a bg buffer in apd_buf, and copy that to graph mem
>before putting sprites. you can just scroll the apd_buf using crash's
>routine

   which routine are you referring to?

>and put new bg data using the map data. why would u want to do it
>differently? i mean, if ur planning to do a "screen by screen" type
>scrolling engine, then the scroll routine could be just a loop that scrolls
>to the right, puts new data from the map data, and so on until the new
>"room" is totally on screen.

  Okay, first it's not for Zelda, and therefore the two pictures are not
sprite-derived (if they were I would just use the standard method of
side-scrolling found in SQRXZ, Penguins, etc.). They are literally two 768
byte blocks. I guess my real question is how would I copy the first bit of
APD_BUF to the last bit of GRAPH_MEM+11?