Re: [A82: monster ai]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [A82: monster ai]

>Okay, so screen 2 is the current screen, screen 1 is a backup screen,

sort of. when we are going to the left, yes, screen 2 is the "current
screen" and screen 1 is the one which we scroll to as samus runs. when we
get there tho, we have to load another screen 1 after we copy screen 1 to
screen 2. if we go to the right tho, screen 1 becomes the main screen and
screen 2 is the one we scroll to.

and when you say "scroll" you mean x-coordinate,
uh, yeah. in horizontal mode tho.

>Also, you're going to make it so that the screen constantly scrolls as your
>character moves, a la SQRXZ and Mario Bros?
yeah sort of. initially samus is in the middle of the lcd, but can move 12
pixels to the right or left. at that threshhold the screen will scroll as
long as  the stopscroll bits are not set for any direction. those four bits
can be set if a door is found or the next room is room #0.

>I thought that in metroid, you only moved one screen at a time. Maybe not
>tho, I don't remember.
uh, no, its kind of like mario only you can go either left or right at the
same time, or up or down at the same time. its just for saving the cpu.