Re: A82: FIND_PIXEL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: FIND_PIXEL

>>  >>   What would cause the standard FIND_PIXEL routine to display
upside
>>  >>  down? Its very strange, but when I replaced a FIND_PIXEL 83
routine
>>  with
>>  >>  the actual ROM call in PJ 82, everything turned upside. I need
>>  know a
>>  >>  solution because the 83 way causes a bad bug.
>>  >
>>  >the standard FIND_PIXEL routine uses (0,0) as the bottom left, not
the
>>  top
>>  >left as you might expect.
>>  >
>>      Wait a minute. Does the 85 FIND_PIXEL work the same way or what?
If
>>  so, why without any editing would PJ turn upside down? All I have
done
>>  is swap 85 FIND_PIXEL for 82 FIND_PIXEL. I did the same thing in
>>  BoulderDash and Picross 82 and never had this problem. Is that
because
>>  in those 2 games FIND_PIXEL was only used for sprites? Is there any
easy
>>  solution?
>
>they work the same, unless there's something very strange it shouldn't
turn
>the screen upside down!
>
>~Adamman

    I just asked Andreas that exact same question :)
      There are things happening in PlainJump that are just plain
strange. For example, there is a randomly occuring bug that makes all
the text invert. Its strange because no where in the code is set/res
3,(iy+5) command given. Another strange thing is that for some reason
the level editor is right side up unlike the rest of the game when both
use the same FIND_PIXEL. Another is, whenever you restart after dying or
saving, one of the tiles inverts and slants awkwardly. Another strange
occurence, when I use set/res 7(iy+$14), which usually keeps text
on-screen after a ROM_CALL(DISP_GRAPH), makes all menu size font
invisible! Even in ASH after the game is exited, the game titles are
invisible! And there are more. Frankly, these strange bugs are confusing
the hell out of me.