Re: A82: Programming the Z80 by Rodney Zaks

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:24 PM 10/24/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/21/98 2:58:19 PM, dines@resnet.gatech.edu writes:
>
>>As you probably know this is the best book on Z80 assembly, but it can
>>be hard to get a hold of. If anyone is interested in buying this book you
>>can find used copies at http://www.bibliofind.com/ (just search for
>>Programming the Z80). The books are used, but in very good conditions,
>and they sell for $12.
>>
>>Dines
>
>Hey, I found the book at that place you were talking about, and I want to get
>it, since you recommend it... Reading tutorials and source code can only
go so
>far, so I would like to get my hands on this book... Now how would I go about
>that? I've never bought anything off the internet, especially a book... :\
>Hmm, I guess it pays through a Credit Card right? Thats not very safe over
the
>net. How else could I get this great book? =P
>																--Jason K.

I would like to point out that it IS quite safe to send credit card
information across the internet on the https protocol.  Current government
restrictions on encryption exportation require the browser to be 64-bit
maximum encryption unless your name and other info. is added to a database
of users who use "strong" 128-bit encryption inside the U.S. (Why in the
world Netscape Communcations calls it "strong" is beyond me...it is _still_
breakable).  I would also like to take the pleasure in pointing out that
you are also an AOL user.  We all know what that means and I don't need to
expand ;)

So, using a credit card across the internet is quite safe and I've done it
a number of times myself.  Just make sure you have a SSL capable browser
such as Netscape Communicator 4.5 when you send the credit card info. to
the server.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org