Re: A82: Multiple shells

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Multiple shells

yes, one shell would be great, but more like a central shell.  make it
exectute an "explorer" of sorts.  like usgard, and everyone can customize
the way it looks.

the problem is that there's a bunch of shit shells, and that people
developed for them.  PhatOS is a waste, along with MShell, OS_7, OS85,
and CSHELL. at the time they were good (i hate PhatOS, mostly because of
the name)... anyway, the only good shells are Rigel (relocation) ZShell
(vast amount of progs, small, still developed for) and Usgard (isrs,
shell customizing, many useful functions)

now, if ash could include all that :)

-Greg

EMAIL: l0rdg0at@juno.com; lordgoat@somethingorother.com;
l0rdg0at@hotmail.com; milewskg@stuy.edu
ICQ: 9437474     AOL IM: l0rdg0at42

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 18:41:44 +0200 (METDST) Dines Christy Justesen
<c958362@student.dtu.dk> writes:

>As most of you probably know I think that one shell would be the best
>for
>everyone. The reason for this is that with one shell all programs will
>work on all Ti82's, instead for only under a special shell.
>
>I am going to continue the development of Ash, but if anyone else is
>interested in joing mail me. What I would like to see was one OS which
>supported multiple shells, interrupts, had a large library of godd
>functions etc. I do not believe that this is going to happen if
>everyone
>is working on their own shell.
>
>I know I have said this before, but have a look at the TI85, which
>used to
>be the leading calc in asm. After evryone started making their own
>shell,
>which each had a special set of features, developmen of good programs
>has
>almost stopped.
>
>Dines

>Dines Justesen
>Email: c958362@student.dtu.dk
>WWW  : http://www.student.dtu.dk/~c958362/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]