l0rdg0at@hotmail.com; milewskg@stuy.edu
ICQ: 9437474     AOL IM: l0rdg0at42
WEB: http://lordgoat.dyn.ml.org/    *or*  http://tiroms.home.ml.org

On Sun, 04 Oct 1998 08:37:54 PDT "Evil Sam" <evil_sam@hotmail.com>
writes:

>  I really have this time. In order to make a program work for CrASH,
>you normally need to put set/res 1,(iy+13) at the beginning and end of
>
>the program so TEXT_MEM does get changed. I took that a step further
>and
>put set/res 2,(iy+13), and the problem was fixed. I guess in ASH all
>of
>this is done from within the shell before and after the program is
>run.

perhaps.  i won't bother to try. i program for ash 3.1

>    That's too bad. Did I miss an announcement or something?

not really.  the crash team just died off, and there was something said
about no more new crash versions.  besides... Hideaki has other plans
(rumored that he's worked on an assembly SNES emu, perhaps ZSNES)

> Not true. The bug also caused all availible memory to drop to zero,
>which can only be fixed by resetting the calc. If it was only a
>contrast
>issue, then I wouldn't care about whether or not the bug is fixed.

well, that too.  just always have the real vars X and Y in mem, so if
that happens, you can delete them and have the 27 bytes neccessary to run
ash/crash.  the contrast thing has happened to me when i've used crash
and the hexedit version for crash.