Re: A82: Defiance hits 5K

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Defiance hits 5K

> It doesn't really matter how fast they fixed it, try to delete another site
> is extremely stupid. TI-Files has been down a lot (I just tried to connect
> to them, but couldn't connect), but that is no reason to delete the site. If
> they didn't have a backup of the whole site, it could have taken a long time
> to correct (which is what I guess Bryan was hoping would happen).
>
> Dines

It probably wasn't Bryan's idea to delete the TI-Files site and I don't
think he erased everything (just the main directory I think). For a view
from the 'bad people' 's side, read the why.txt file at Dimension-Ti
(calc.ml.org), in which Adam axplains why he gave his password away.

And about the Ti-Files members saying that they would never delete
anything from ticalc, even if they had a password, I don't believe shit!
I am damn sure that, IF the occasion would ever occur, they would do
something alike to ticalc.

Personally, I have always liked ticalc.org better, but that has nothing to
do with me saying that we shouldn't blame bryan that much.
Both of the sites (ticalc and tifiles) have ther good points and there bad
points: ticalc is more professional and complete, but a little non-human,
you don't really know who is behind it. The files is created more towards
people, with a group of 'friends' maintaining the site, but lacks
organisation and an efficient managing.

And ticalc isn't forcing everybody to place a link to them. (did you
notice the three or four :-P's in bryan's message) he was just joking
around. The best present a site could get would be that everybody places
a link to them without being asked to put one.

Just my 2 cents.

Wouter