Re: A82: Blockbuster bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Blockbuster bug

>Hi.  I wrote Blockbuster, originally for Ash, but it also worked fine
>under CrASH v1.1.  Recently, however, it has caused other games to
crash
>when I use later versions of CrASH.  It always crashes ZTetris whenever
>I run Blockbuster first.  All I have to do is run the title screen of
>Blockbuster, too, I don't have to even play the game, and it crashes
>ZTetris immediately.  However, if I used the teacher key and saved a
>ZTetris game, it will run fine if I restore that game after running
>Blockbuster, and then crash when I exit.
>
>Interestingly, when I run Columns v3.0c (even just the title screen)
>between Blockbuster and ZTetris, nothing crashes, but since there's no
>source available, I can't find out why.
>
>Here's the source to the title screen of Blockbuster.  I can't figure
>out what it's doing wrong.  Perhaps someone more experienced can.
>
>Beginning:
>	ROM_CALL(CLEARLCD)
>	set 1,(IY+05)
>	set 3,(IY+05)

>Choose:
>	call GET_KEY
>	cp $01
>	jr z,DownOrUpKeyIsPressed
>	cp $04
>	jr z,DownOrUpKeyIsPressed
>	cp $09
>	jr z,EnterIsPressed
>	cp $37
>	ret z

  Ooh! Bug fixing, something I'm good at along with optimizing.

   Ok, the problem is in these 2 places above. You set 1,(iy+05) in the
beginning, but when you exit you don't "res" it. Without the res
1,(iy+05), I think it messes up the Ztetris menu system explaining why
if Ztetris saved a game then it works phenomena(can't spell today).
  And that's your problem! What does set 1,(iy+05) do exactly?
Obviously, it has something to with text display.

   Sam