A82: Beginner-ish Q's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Beginner-ish Q's

1. I'm writing an asm program (finally :-)  ) but this problem stumps me.
 I want to ONLY change the CURSOR_Y value, leaving CURSOR_X at 0.  I
can't do this with hl(that I know of) because it is 16bit and would set
CURSOR_X and CURSOR_Y to the new val of hl.  how do I do it so that
Titletxt2 is displayed n units below Titletxt1?
Invalid code:
	ld hl,0
	ld (CURSOR_Y),hl
	ld (CURSOR_X),hl
	ld hl,Titletxt1
	ROM_CALL(D_ZM_STR)
	ld a,19
	ld (CURSOR_Y),a
	ld a,Titletxt2
	ROM_CALL(D_ZM_STR)

2. There was a rand discussion before I *knew* what I was doing.  Does
anyone have the good rand routine?  If so, can you email it to me
(text/UUE only)

3. Must a sprite be 8x8/7x7 cant remember which.  I want to make a sprite
aproximately 11x8.

Thanks, I'm betting better albeit at a slow pace.
~Larry C
Larry1492@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]