Re: A82: Sqrxz82 b2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Sqrxz82 b2

>From: "Evil Sam" <evil_sam@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: A82: Sqrxz82 b2
>
>>    Yeah, I've finally ported it to the 82... A beta version, though,
>as
>>nobody hasn't explained me yet how to allocate memory under Ash or
>>CrAsh. The program is also 9k long, instead of 7k ( what it will be ).
>>

>  Get the level compressor working. Each 83 world takes up 4K apposed
> the 1-1.5K 85 levels. Are you going to make a level converter so
people
>can play the 85 levels?

  I'll do that, but only when I had added level compression. I'll make a
converter which will crunch levels if they aren't, so you won't have to
do it manually. I have made a compression test on the 83 : I can put 12
worlds at the same time, and not small ones (e.g. Mario 1&3,
Sqrxzwd1,2,3, Mystical1&2, ... ). I'll release as soon as I have check
the bug someone told me about ( a problem with param eqs )

>    How do you beat level one in world 1? I get to the part where there
>are 2 porucullis's and an enemy and some spikes. You are forced with
>three options. Go to the upper portucullis, where you are then trapped
>with no escape so you have to press CLEAR. The second option is to walk
>on the spike and die outright. The third option is to go under the
third
>portucullis, where you then get trapped and the enemy kills you. Is
this
>a bug? I don't remember the 85 version of World 1 being impossible to
>beat.
>   Sam

  Hehe... No, it isn't a bug ! there's a trick to pass through this ( in
fact, you can use two differents methods ). No, I won't tell you how...
Search a bit, it isn't too difficult to find... You maybe want an hint :
try first to prevent the blob from annoying you .

- Florent
flo.dh@usa.net
jldhordain@nordnet.fr