A82: Re: some questions thast i'm probably the only one who doesn't kn

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: some questions thast i'm probably the only one who doesn't know the answer too

the variable is only taking up approximately 6 bytes, +/- a few bytes.

the reason why it's so big is because the "size" variable @ the beginning
of the var says it's that big (or something like that).

the var is used as a pointer to the "jump to" getkey routine.  when the
shell runs the first time, it stores a different # in there, causing the
next keypress to make the os jump to the shell.

the var is not the problem here.  sometimes, if a prog really F*cks up,
the calc loses all its extra mem, causing the checkered cursor.  that
happened to me after all the beta testing of ztetris, and various other
progs.

-Greg

On Sun, 17 May 1998 10:11:29 -0400 "Ahmed El-Helw"
<ahmedre@bellsouth.net> writes:

>You have to ignore that variable, because it holds some kind of data
>for
>Crash.. and there is no fixing it.. if you delete it, you lose your
>mem..
>and ASH uses L1, so go figure..
>

>                    -Ahmed
>
>ahmedre@bellsouth.net

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]