A82: Re: Some questions and other stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: Some questions and other stuff

>1) My maths teacher has a ti82 with a special port on the back
>to which he can attach a kind of big screen. The screen has to be
>placed on an overhead projector. I know that his rom version is 19.0
>but I'm wondering if the code in the rom is different because of that
>port. Is there a special routine necessary to get that port working ?

No.

>2) Does anyone has other usefull romcalls/calls not listed in
>ti82-rom.txt? And shouldn't the ti82-xx.txt files have an update?

I have found a few new ROM_CALLs which will be included with Ash 3.1. It
is my plan to update 82-*.TXT, but it wont be before i get Ash 3.1
released.

>3) Where did Dines & CrASH_Man go ?

I am right here, and have been here all the time.

>4) some program ideas :
>
>- a program to easily change the names of programs and (un)lock them.
>You could also hide seperate programs this way. I tried to make
>something like this, but I can't get it to work.

Just find the prog in the VAT, and change the name/type.

>- a trainer for different games. e.g. to choose the initial amount
>of lives. It could ask which game that should be cheated on and then
>copy some code to change the right byte to APD_BUF, de-relocating the
>cheating prog, changing the byte, relocating the cheating prog.
>de-relocating and re-relocating could be done with some crash code
>used in CR_KHAND I guess.

Using the code from CR_KHAND will be hard, and it will probably be
incompatible with any future version of CrASH. Besides that you really do
not need to de relocate a program to change a byte in the APD_BUF. If the
source for the game is available it would probably be easier to make a
normal Ash program which changed the code which decreased the number of
lives left to nops.

Dines

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or