Re: A82: Another new beta

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Another new beta

M_CHARPUT is not a "call", but a "ROM_CALL()".  Usgard programs don't use
ROM_CALL because of the jump table built into the shell.  Ash and Crash
look at the next two bytes after the call xx (xx= the romcall location in
the shell) and adjust the pointer accordingly to the rom verison you
have.  that should solve your problem

-Greg

        "You know, it's at times like this when I'm trapped in a Vogon
airlock with a man from Betelgeuse and about to die of asphyxiation in
deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when
I was young!"
        "Why, what did she tell you?"
        "I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 05:41:42 -0700 "Evil  Sam" <evil.sam@mailexcite.com>
writes:

>>it crashes?  is it the disp_a_dec process built into srcwiz.exe that
>he
>>uses? (#fncall d_a_deci [or something similar])
>>
>>-Greg
>>

>    Galaxian doesn't crash but I add his routine it does. Here it is:
>
>NOTE: There were alot of things preceding this but I had to delete
>them to accomodate
>for the 82 screen size.(It was the information bar thats on the right
>side of the
>screen in the 85 version)
>
>         ld       a,(lasers)  ;Display number of lasers
>         or       a
>         jr       z,nolasers
>         add      a,'0'
>         ld       (CURSOR_X),de
>         call     M_CHARPUT
>nolasers:
>
>         ld       hl,$1007           ;Display Score
>         ld       (CURSOR_ROW),hl
>         ld       hl,(score)
>         jp       D_HL_DECI
>
>I know I have to get rid of nolasers completely, but everything I try
>ends up crashing
>the calc.
>   Evil Sam
>

>Free web-based email, Forever, From anywhere!
>http://www.mailexcite.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]