Re: Re: A82: Game suggestions for all

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A82: Game suggestions for all

>No offense Ahmed, but I think a highscore is kind of wasteful, especially
>for a game like Tunnel. Don't bloat it. 7g has this sort of problem, as
>mentioned before by Evil Sam.

   I have to disagree. A highscore is never a waste. As for bloating the game, at
700 bytes I would hardly call Ahmed's version bloated. 7g on the other hand is extremely
bloated at aroung 2.5K. It has a title screen that although its cool to look at the
first time, it takes up way too much space and should be taken out of the game. The
pic in the beginning with the air force base is also a waste of space. The difficulty
selector is also a waste of space because at 1 and 2 settings almost no mines are
dropped so its like playing Fast Tunnel. At setting 5, there are an impossible amount
of mines. So the author should have just left it the way it was with only one setting.
If those things were removed the game would probably be under 1.5K and I would keep
in on my calc.
   Evil Sam

http://www.mailexcite.com