A82: Program Idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Program Idea

    Awhile back, I was browsing throught the TI-85 assembly archive and
came across a program that supposedly allowsed you to reset your
calculator and then unreset it.  If I recall correctly the only
requirement (other than an assembly shell) was that you must have
approximately half of your memory free.  I was wondering if someone
might be willing to at least consider porting it.

    I realize that some of the people on the list might consider this a
little excessive, but it does have some big advantages.  One of the
major differences between it and programs like MemClear is that it allow
you to actually "reset" your calc.  I was thinking that the program
might be even more believable if it used CRash's inter handlers, so that
it could be used while running the calculator in "normal" mode, instead
of running it from the assembly shell.

    I believe that this program would be beneficial to the TI-82
community because most, if not all of us, use our calcs on exams in
school.  And, a large portion of our teachers and professors like to
reset our calcs before tests, so we don't cheat (Ha! Like we would ever
do such a thing. NOT!)  Anyways, this program would allow us to run the
program ahead of time, so that when the teacher goes to reset the calc,
we don't have to fumble around trying to run the program really quick
before they get a hold of it.  Then the teacher would procede as usual
and finish resetting the calc.  Then once you get it back, you do
somthing to unreset it (perhaps something like a multiple key press).  I
don't have an 85 some I don't know exactly how it works, byt mabey some
with an 85 could check it out.

    Please don't disregard this my ideas, not that I'm accusing the list
of doing so.  It's just that I realize that I'm not nearly as involved
in the list as much as some of you other guys, and there my ideas might
not stand out as much as the more frequent an widely respected posters
on the list.

Thanks,
Kevin