Re: A82: Music! :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Music! :)

>On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Kurai Highsmith wrote:
>

>             Ah, speaking of interrupts...I was wondering if it was
> possible to have background music in a game. Ambient beeps, ya know. :)
> Anyhow, I heard this was possible with interrupts, is it?
>                                                             ~Kurai

ST3 is the project I will work on right after finishing SQRXZ (Chemistry II
is getting a little too strenuous...my teacher was a fresh university
professor who is blowing us students all out of the water), Prototype
Alpha, and re-design COMPILE as an IDE with both an "internal" C and ASM
compiler with library support.

ST3 is what was used to develop music in games for Epic MegaGames (e.g. One
Must Fall 2090 and Jazz Jackrabbit Xmas '94).  Visit
<http://www.epicgames.com/> to download their games.  I also talked with my
Chem II teacher after school recently about this exact topic.  It IS
possible to get smooth music as long as an interrupt occurs every 1/200th
of a sec.  The human ear will be unable to detect a break in the music
unless the program turns off the interrupts somewhere.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org