Re: A82: Hexedit

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Hexedit

> Hexedit is great! But I can't figure out why I can't edit-lock and
>  unlock with it. I tried but it didn't work. Can someone email me the
>  instructions on how to do it, lets say, just load CrASH and Hexedit on
>  your calc, un-lock CrASH and tell me exactly how you did it!!
>  I would appreciate it a lot
>
>  ~Ilya

Search near the end ($FFFF) of memory until you find the name of the prog
backwards.  Suppose you want to unlock crash (as you stated).  Try to find the
string HSARC in the right side.  When you do, there will be some bytes around
it.  If I remember correctly, It will look (now confirmed by actually starting
the program) like this: (in hex)

48 53 41 52 43  05  8D 24  06

the 06 at the end means protected program.  change it to 05 to be a regular
program.  The two bytes before the 06 is the address of the program.  The 05
indicates the number of characters in the filename, and the next 5 chars are
(predictably) the filename, backwards.

48 53 41 52 43 = HSARC

Hope this helped,

~Adamman