Re: A82: Ztetris

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Ztetris

Evil Sam wrote:

>    I'm back in the States, and I have resumed work on Ztetris 82. I have
> made a mini discovery that should make solving the bugs easier. They are
> related, and I know under which label they are located. It might simply
> be that my ROM_CALL(DISP_GRAPH)'s are in the wrong places. Other good
> news is that it no longer crashes when you exit. It might only be till
> the end of the week before I have a working beta. Dines, long time no
> email, I could use your help.
>     After I finish Ztetris, I have a lot of things lined up to do. I
> hopefully will give Orzunoid 82 a major overhaul(adding external level
> support with an on-calc level editor). I will then port FrAWgGuts to the
> 86. By that time, Patrick D will hopefully have finished his latest 85
> projects, a new Galaxian and Lunoid Extreme. Both of which I will port
> to the 82.
>    Evil Sam

That's good and all, but I honestly think that FrAWgGuts is a relatively
poor Frogger game with some major bugs (much like Zetris was a relatively
poor Tetris game with some major bugs), and would probably be better if the
bugs were squashed before porting took place. I like the effort that was put
into the game, except the game was prone to a lot of mess-ups (I once had to
reset my calc because FrAWgGuts somehow became corrupt -- I think because I
simply backed up my stuff on someone elses' calc or on my PC). See if you
can get Derrick Ward (didn't he make it?) to fix some of the errors.. If
not, fix them yourself before you port. Most of all, unlike games like
Galaxian and Spaze Invaders, it isn't as much fun as it is to play the real
games on MAME (IMHO, Spaze Invaders is moreso, because it seems to play a
little bit faster). Oh, god, I gotta get myself another calc..... Emulators
just aren't as good. :)