Re: A82: Fixed point math & trig routines needed!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Fixed point math & trig routines needed!

Adamman, I hate to say this, but wait for Ash 3.1 to be released. Adding,
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing floating point numbers is
extremely easy. Still, it probably won't give you the kind of speed you
need for a doom-type game.

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:42:43 EDT ADAMMAN106@aol.com writes:

>I think I'm going to start writing a demo raycasting maze while I wait
>for
>breakthroughs from OBD and Will Dempster, the people who are trying to
>find
>the fatal Dr. Mario bug.  I have a working raycaster on my calculator,
>but
>it's in BASIC and runs at a speed of about 1 frame per 2 minutes, not
>exactly
>realtime.
>So here's what I need:
>
>1.) addition/subtraction/multiplication/division routines that input
>and
>output numbers with a fixed decimal of 2 or 3 places.
>
>2.) I don't really need a trig routine, but I will use the format of
>the math
>routines to make trig tables.
>
>I would make the routines myself, but small and fast routines aren't
>exactly
>my expertise.
>Thank you in advance for any help!
>
>~Adamman
>
>PS: I found Dines' math routines on ticalc.org but it doesn't say the
>format
>of the numbers in the file.  If Dines could explain this than maybe I
>will use
>those routines.  Nice work, Dines!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]