Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

>I wouldn't know this because I'm not a beta tester.  Making a shell takes

I am pretty sure that I send a mail to this list some time ago telling
that Ash 3.1 would the Crash compatible.

>lot of effort and knowledge of the 82 backup file.  I took the initiative

No. You do not need to know much about the backup file, you need to know a
lot about the TI82.

>to take a shell apart to see what it looks like.  Once I've got the code
>commented, and I figure out how to create pointers in the VAT and put
those
>pointers/variables into TI-BASIC code, I'll be able to write MY OWN shell
>from scratch (which will be based solely on a game engine...so the
current
>code won't be any good except for the VAT entries and TI-BASIC code to
>enter the shell).  Besides, Kouri and Evil Sam and anyone else, you want
>write your own shell too...why not start with a base and work up from
>there?  Beginner shell writers have no idea where to start or how to code

Because that would be stealing the code.

>one, so they need some type of example.  I need the routines anyway for
>OShell-82 and OS-82 to make ASH/CrASH code easy to port to those shells.

No ne uses OS-82 or OShell-82, so why translate the programs ?

>>   The 7 hours spent would have been better spent completing his quest
>>of making the ultimate 82 SQRXZ.
>
>I didn't think it would take as long as it did.  I would've loved to use
>DASM, but I tried it once or twice and only got garbage from it.  BTW, I

Just copy the Crash part of teh backup file to a nw file and run DASMZ80
with start addr 8D24.

Dines

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or