Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

At 08:54 PM 6/5/98 PDT, you wrote:
>>Um, doesn't Ash 3.1 have all the routines that CrASH does?
>>And the idea of everyone and their mother making their own shell with
>>stolen code from CrASH turns my stomach. :P

I wouldn't know this because I'm not a beta tester.  Making a shell takes a
lot of effort and knowledge of the 82 backup file.  I took the initiative
to take a shell apart to see what it looks like.  Once I've got the code
commented, and I figure out how to create pointers in the VAT and put those
pointers/variables into TI-BASIC code, I'll be able to write MY OWN shell
from scratch (which will be based solely on a game engine...so the current
code won't be any good except for the VAT entries and TI-BASIC code to
enter the shell).  Besides, Kouri and Evil Sam and anyone else, you want to
write your own shell too...why not start with a base and work up from
there?  Beginner shell writers have no idea where to start or how to code
one, so they need some type of example.  I need the routines anyway for
OShell-82 and OS-82 to make ASH/CrASH code easy to port to those shells.

>   The 7 hours spent would have been better spent completing his quest
>of making the ultimate 82 SQRXZ.

I didn't think it would take as long as it did.  I would've loved to use
DASM, but I tried it once or twice and only got garbage from it.  BTW, I
_knew_ someone was going to comment about SQRXZ when I sent the message.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: