Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

Um, doesn't Ash 3.1 have all the routines that CrASH does?
And the idea of everyone and their mother making their own shell with
stolen code from CrASH turns my stomach. :P

On Fri, 05 Jun 1998 07:42:26 -0400 "Thomas J. Hruska" <thruska@tir.com>
writes:

>After spending 7 hours in front of my computer, I have successfully
>hacked
>the CrASH backup file into it's source code with no errors!  BTW,
>CrASH
>authors, you wasted about 8 bytes of space at the end of your program.
>also saw a lot of unoptimized code as I was decompiling everything by
>hand.
> Another question for you guys:  Why do the TI-BASIC commands Prompt
>>Frac
>not cause a syntax error in the first line of the program?  Please
>also
>explain the workings of the matrices themselves...I'm inrigued as to
>why
>you store two numbers into two different locations and how you
>calculated
>them.
>
>The main reason for hacking CrASH's backup was to grab the extra
>routines
>that ASH doesn't have and make all CrASH specific programs available
>for
>ASH.  If nobody really minds, I will release the source to CrASH so
>that
>other people will have an oppotunity to make a decent shell.  I will
>most
>likely use a lot of the code for CrASH to write my own shell in the
>NOT-so-near future.
>
>Currently, the state of the source code, is just that, code.  I have
>yet to
>add comments to the code and extract the portions needed to duplicate
>the
>various functions that are not a part of ASH to make CrASH programs
>portable.
>

>                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
>Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
>         http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504
>                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: