Re: A82: CrASH bug saga is over.........

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH bug saga is over.........

> i am SOOOO sorry, m'lord alex.
>
>  crash is just a ripoff of ash, even the whole ui is the same! crash just
>  duplicated ash and threw in some routines. oooh. wow. any lazy bum could
>  do the same. hell, even ryan could do it.
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
don't push it

>  what advantages did crash give that ash couldn't? larger programs for
>  one... ooh. and that would have been accomplished by the next update of
>  ash.

And I'm sure you can tell me that you didn't love playing DE, Joltima (well I
didn't like that one), and LD2?  The next update of Ash still isn't out
(except to us lucky beta testers) while CrASH was out in Alex's time of need
(around Christmas!)

>  let's list, shall we?

ok

>  isr -- ooh, boy, something else to crash our calcs with, hmm? usgard's
>  way of installing interrupts is FLAWLESS.

Yeah, but it's better than NO support at all

>  CR_GRBCopy -- Patrick Davidson's is FASTER

No comment

>  CP_HL_BC -- HOLY SHIT!! this is WAY too hard to accomplish on our own.

agreed

>  CR_KHAND -- oh, boy, less variable space just because someone presses
>  2nd-off durin a game.

That can be a problem, I'd know!

>  RAND -- wow. too hard, and when you play tunnel, it can go in a straight
>  line for 20 minutes.  use Jimmy Mardell's 		from ZTetris.

agreed again (but I like Martin Hock's better)

>  EXIT_2_TIOS -- name 1 REAL game that has used this.

SameGame _WOULD_ but it wasn't worth it to try and pull it off in Ash

>  this crap calls are not all that useful.  most can easily be done in
>  one's SLEEP.

Only if you walk, type, and see in your sleep

>  i for one hate crash because the authors are stuck up jerks.  dines is
>  the shell god here, along with the author of OS-82, Jason Todd.  THEY
>  deserve more credit. they "hacked" the roms, figured out how the calc
>  works.  CRASH just looked at ash and said "ditto"
>
>  -Greg

Sure, CrASH is the product of "85 shell-like" development.  But as I stated
earlier, CrASH's making had a purpose.
Have you ever actually talked to Crashman?  he's very nice.
Think before you bash

~Adamman