A82: Solytare suggestion...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Solytare suggestion...

A lot of people seem to be complaining about the way Solytare 2.1 works.  I
have a suggestion that you make the mouse cursor move a little faster and
that you also add scrolling.  This would allow you to get the full 128x64
pixels that you need to make a more accurate game of solytare like on the
85.  I suggest having two versions in case someone wants to use the version
without scrolling that way nobody will have anything to complain about.

Implementing the screen scrolling will be a problem as I am assuming that
you are using lines and text and not sprites which could slow things down
considerably.  If you do scrolling, make it smooth scrolling or it will
degrade the game and people will complain about the jerkiness of the
scrolling routines.  Hope that helps you get some ideas.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.