RE: A82: How Much Can the Linkport be used?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A82: How Much Can the Linkport be used?

Well, theoretical maximum throughput over wire is around 50 kilobits per second.  If you're just sending positions and a sprite assignment, that's 24 bits at a time.  I think it shouldn't be too difficult.  scrolling can be done independently, just keep the two characters within a preset distance so that they're both onscreen.
All in all, don't try to do too much at once, and the link port speeds are experimental.  You'd have to write up your own protocol to hit that speed.  just write tight code and you should be fine.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator
Virtual Technologies Developer's Group