Re: A82: My (Evil Sam's) next game idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: My (Evil Sam's) next game idea

Galaga was more of an Asteroids type of game, i believe.  perhaps if i
fire up my Commodore 64 hidden in the dark recesses of my basement, then
i can confirm it.  hope that my tinkering w/ the C64 didn't cause any
permanent damage all those years ago...

who here has played DXBall for Win95? cheesy Arkanoid game, but some cool
enhancements... i'll load it up so i can  list them:

There's some exploding bricks, that'll kill ones around it.  Unbreakables
& half unbreakables (hit once, becomes unbreakable, must hit to complete
level), hidden (appears after hitting, takes another hit to kill)

Powerups / Traps:
	1) Explosion expander (kills more!)
	2) set off all explosion bricks
	3) expand, shrink, & super shrink paddle
	4) shrink ball, speed ball, slow ball, split ball
	5) catch ball
	6) level skip
	7) extra paddle (life, whatever)
	8) shooting paddle
	9) ball brick through thingy
	10) instant death
	11) bricks move down one row every hit of paddle
	12) fire ball (more powerful ball)

perhaps something similar to that game.  take out what you don't want,
but it's a pretty cool game altogether.

another possibility:  convert Hexagon.  tone down the AI, though (mabye
adjustable?)
i can list more possibilities, i swear i must've downloaded ticalc.org!
(except for ti92 and mac stuff) i have access to the 8x series and
everyone i know crashes their calc & wants games, so i supply them. (i
feel like a drug dealer here... just look at the similarities,  the
calculators are an addiction (or so my exgf says...), but i don't care...

suggestions anyone?

82: add the other 49 levels to VEXED.  perhaps Episode 2 of Little Dude.
 Hey Alex Highsmith (if i messed up the spelling, i'm sorry.) -- how
about finishing up Dying Eyes, or at least make it so it doesn't crash
within the battles?

83: mostly everything's been done, perhaps Penguins, but I'm not really a
fan of that game, i'd prefer SQRXZ.

85:  nibbles, Pacman98(THERE's a project), Space War (link play add in
the black hole, star, & hyperspace), Access Denied / SafeHold,
BoulderDash (ouch), ZPong 2.xx (fix the link routines... lags too much
[perhaps play 82-85]), and some sort of Expander driver (i'm thinking of
getting one...)

86: nothing really.  mostly everything is already ported from the 83 &
85.

hey... is anyone working on a ti82 emulator?  it would save some wear &
tear on my 82's link port.

"That's my opinion.  I could be wrong."

- Greg

PS - sorry for the length or this rant.

PPS - i had an improved ver. of ZTETRIS, but i'm overclocking my pc at
the moment, and I heard some freaky noises, and i turned my computer off
w/o saving.  The noises happened to be the tv.  Damn.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]