A82: Re: Assembly Stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: Assembly Stuff

-----Original Message-----
From: asm86@juno.com <asm86@juno.com>
To: assembly-82@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-82@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Friday, January 23, 1998 4:06 PM
Subject: A82: Assembly Stuff

>Hello Guys,
> I don't know ... maybe some of you guys heard about me w/the 83
>and 86?  Anyway, I just got me an 82, and I want to convert some games
>over... here are a few issues, not programming questions, just opinion
>related questions...
>
>1.  Which shell to program for?  Ash or Crash?  I like Crash's look
>better, but if I program Crash, will less people play the games?

ASH!!!! Unless Ash 4 is going to supporty CrAsh proggies... the features in
crash are good, but i think the overall portability of the programs is what
matter most. :-)

>2.  What games should I port over?  Here are some ideas I have...
> - DuckHunt [I ported to 86, so shouldn't be a problem]
> - A BETTER Lunar Lander, I know my LL2 for the 83/6 sucked, and
> someone ported it to 82... although they didn't identify
>theirselves, I would seriously want to thank the
>porter... because whoever did it, ported the sprite routine and
>other stuff, which will make my job a heck of a lot easier.
> - Dasher - I really want to port this one... a game by me and
>Andy_S where you collect all the gems before the time runs out...
> -Archery - A simple asm game I made for the 86 ... nothing too
>major...
> -Calender - Exactly what the name says, kinda like the 85
>version.
> -and more!!!  But - I do need SOME help .. not that much ASM Wise
>[I'll ask any ASM Questions on the list as well] but some other
>stuff, read on...

I only have an 82... One question though... why so many ports? Are these
direct ports or just new version of old games... It could be very well that
all good calc. game ideas have been taken, however i doubt this is the
case....

<snip>

>5.  For curiosity's sake...  WHY does Columns crash with the CrCrash
>add-on ... I know it says it crashes in the read me file.. but I am
>curious as to why....

When in doubt why something crashes... blame it on the APD!

<snip>